1. Electronics:Used in the packaging of electronic devices and components. They help to control moisture levels and prevent damage caused by humidity, such as corrosion, mold growth, and malfunctioning of sensitive electronic parts.
2. Pharmaceuticals: Used in the pharmaceutical industry to protect drugs and medicines from moisture. Moisture can degrade the effectiveness and stability of medications, so using desiccants helps to maintain their quality and extend their shelf life.
3. Food Packaging: In food packaging to prevent moisture-related issues like spoilage, clumping, and loss of texture. They help to preserve the freshness and quality of food products, especially those that are sensitive to moisture, such as snacks, dried fruits, and spices.
4. Leather Goods:Used in the packaging of leather goods, such as shoes, bags, and garments. They help to absorb excess moisture and prevent mold growth, mildew, and deterioration of the leather material.
5. Storage of Sensitive Materials: Used in the storage of sensitive materials like documents, artwork, photographs, and collectibles. They help to maintain the integrity and longevity of these items by controlling the humidity levels and preventing moisture-related damage.